If you are a NEW CUSTOMER or haven’t placed an order SINCE DECEMBER 2016, you must fill out and sign our Order Release Statement and provide a readable copy of your driver’s license before your order will be processed. Your order will be placed on hold until this documentation is received and/or verified that we have it in our records. If you placed an order after December 2016, your documentation should be on file and will be processed within 24 hours.
CLICK HERE to access the Order Release Statement . Please print it out on paper, fill it out and sign it by hand, then email it back to us along with a photocopy of your valid driver’s license. This is for FIRST TIME orders since December 2016 and only needs to be done once.
- Powder is sold in 5, 10, and 25-lb. lots. You may mix grades within the 5, 10, or 25-lb. lot limit. There is a maximum limit of 50 lbs. (two 25-lb. lots) per order.
- For orders of 5 or 10 pound boxes the price will NOT include Shipping or Hazmat fee. For orders of 25 pound boxes the price will include the Shipping* and Hazmat fee. (*Orders being shipped to the following states will incur an additional $25 per box shipping fee. These states include: AZ, CA, CO, ID, KS, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY. This is a cross country ship fee.) Delivery fees are based on weight and per box shipped. Please call if you have questions on delivery fees.
- You must be 21 years of age to order.
- You must be a legal citizen of the United States of America.
- You intend to use the purchase of black powder solely for sporting, recreational or cultural purposes in black powder firearms.
- The Maine Powder House disclaims any warranties with respect to this product, the safety or suitability thereof.
- Buyers assume all risk, responsibility whatsoever for any and all injuries (including death), losses, or damages to persons or property arising from the use of this product.
- Black Powder is highly flammable and explosive and must be stored in such a way to avoid exposure to friction, heat, impact, sparks or open flame.
- Please consult all local, state and national authorities, police and/or heath and safety executive authorities in your area regarding local laws and regulations applicable for the possession, storage and use of Black Powder before using or contemplating the use of Goex, Elephant, Swiss or Schuetzen Black Powder or any other black powder product.
No more than 50 pounds of powder can be sold per adult. No more than 100 pounds of black powder can be loaded per vehicle.
As the purchaser, it is your responsibility to understand and comply with all federal, state and local laws regarding possession, use and storage of black powder. The Maine Powder House is not designed to provide individual guidance for specific situations. Persons having specific questions are encouraged to seek legal advice or consult their local law enforcement agency.
Refunds/Returns: All sales are final. No refunds or returns will be accepted. Only damaged product caused by shipping will be refunded.
Shipping: Orders cannot be shipped as gifts. Orders cannot be shipped to PO Box’s. All orders will be shipped via UPS and you must be present to receive and sign for the package. A shipping confirmation for tracking purposes will be emailed or can be provided upon request. Purchasers who would like to pick up orders in person, should contact us at 207-671-5580 to schedule an appointment. The pickup point will be located in North Yarmouth, ME.
Sales Tax: A sales tax will only be applied to those orders being shipped to the State of Maine or any physical pickups.
Email address: We collect email addresses only as a means of communicating details of your order including final invoice and shipment tracking. If you wish to receive promotional emails, you may opt-in to that service either by opting in on this order form, or by signing up online at www.mainepowderhouse.com. You may opt-out at anytime by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling 207-671-5580.
Handling Precautions: Handle with care. Avoid impact, friction, heat, sparks and open flame. Prevent contact with smoking material. Keep containers tightly closed when not in use. Clean up any spilled powder. Use non-metallic brush and dustpan. Keep away from children.
Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Do not mix this powder with a powder of any other type. Do not dispense black powder directly from the canister into firearm. Do not dispense a substantial amount of powder in close proximity to the firearm.
Storage Precautions: Always store in a cool, dry place. Obey all laws and regulations regarding quantities of explosive material and methods of storage. Do NOT store in the same area with highly combustible materials. Do not store within reach of children. Store only in approved containers.
Disposal: If disposal is necessary, black powder must be disposed of in accordance with all local, state, federal laws and regulations. Consult the manufacturer for more details on disposal. Do not dispose of the container into a fire.
Warranties: There are no warranties which extend beyond the description of the products contained on our site.
Disclaimer of implied warranties: Seller disclaims any implied warranties with respect to such goods.
Disclaimer: Neither GOEX, Inc. , Schuetzen Powder Energetics, Inc., The Maine Powder House or PDK Pyro Inc is responsible or liable directly or indirectly for any form of damages whatsoever resulting from the use or misuses of information contained in these pages.
We reserve the right to change and/or update prices, specifications, and availability without notice.